The French Church was built in the late-gothic style in 1481 to replace the earlier chapel dedicated to St. Catherine. The memorial plaque above the Church’s entrance commemorates the reformer, William Farel (1530).
Until 1476, the St. Catherine Chapel once stood where the railway station is now located. The chapel was demolished prior to the Battle of Murten and then rebuilt in 1481 at this location.
Französische Kirchgasse 6
+41 26 670 51 12
The church has 150 seats