The building is a late Gothic-styled jewel and adds an elegant, harmonious final touch to the town’s main street (Hauptgasse).
The building was acquired by the town in 1874. It was to be demolished in order to provide direct access to the new railway station (the Broye Valley railway was inaugurated in 1876). Fortunately, due to lack of funds, the project was abandoned and the Rubenloch was left standing.
Französische Kirchgasse 6
+41 26 670 51 12